Saturday, August 26, 2006

Safe in Evanston

After spending an hour to go 7 miles through the fine Illinois highway system (the traffic jam was because of a toll booth) Dave and I arrived safely in Evanston yesterday. We didn't get in untill about 7:30 and it was close to 11 by the time we returned the truck. We then searched for a place that would be open at 11 to grab dinner, and we ended up at Taco Bell.

Today we unpacked and met the people we will be going to Greece with. for a BBQ They all seem very nice so it should be a good time. We also discovered that having an open container of alochol within view of the lake is a $750 fine. We were at the BBQ and there were margartias and beer. A cop drove by and informed us that there is a $750 fine per person with an open container of alcohol. Luckily Dave and I didn't have an open container on us and the cop didin't charge anyone anyway.

We leave for Greece tomorrow at 5PM. I am looking foward to Greece, it should be a fun trip. Although, I am already feeling a bit homesick and missing all our friends in Minnesota, but I am sure once things get busy I won't have time to think about it. I will try to post pictures of my cute little dorm apartment later, probably not until after Greece.

No comments: