Thursday, November 02, 2006

Congratulations Nick and Karin and Happy Halloween!

Well, it was a fun weekend in Minnesota, but I am still recovering from it.

I got in on Friday morning and went over to Riverside to visit with the General Mills people and then went with Karin and her bridesmaids to a delicious lunch at Benihanas. I hung out for a while with Karin and then we went to the rehearsal dinner and drinks at Cousineaus where we met Nic, Krista and Seth. Fun times.

Saturday was wedding day which was fun but busy. I went shopping with Karin's aunt for brunch food for Sunday and picked up the flowers, then went to the church. The ceremony was great, and the reception was a fun time. The hall was really pretty and i got to see all the people I missed. Katie and I even got to practice one of our dances ;-) We went to the Borchs after the reception to take advantage of our extra hour.

On Sunday Karin's aunt., Dave and I made brunch, which was a hit. Then we went home, slept (we were so tired) and then went to our first of the month dinner. All in all a fun weekend.

Sadly, when I got back on Sunday night I realized I had neglected to study for my accounting midterm I had at 10AM on Monday. I was up until 3 AM studying, but it paid off since I did pretty well.

To celebrate being done with midterms, the section I belong to, the MMMs, threw a big party at the local bar, the Keg (think super ghetto super sketchy bar) on Halloween night. It was a charity event to raise money for the homeless and we had over 450 Kellogg students there. It made the bar slightly less sketchy since there were no non Kellogg people there. I went in a witch costume, I am waiting to get pictures from someone so I can post here. It was a great night of drinking and dancing. I got home after the bar closed and then got ready for the rest of my exciting week.

The most exiting part of my week so far though will be the visit of my super cool sister this weekend. I can't wait to see her! Her and Liz should be visiting me on Saturday night which will be tons of fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oddly enough, I found your new cake pan in my utility closet. I accused Dave of hiding it there but he said it was an honest mistake. Needless to say I think it will be making its way back to his place tomorrow :)