Tuesday, November 28, 2006

A follow-up

Interesting, as I was going through my e-mail I found this article from the Wall Street Journal (something I need to start reading as recruiting season nears). This one passage was very interesting to me. Don't know what I think about it. I am sure for some women the rise to top is worth missing their kids events, but don't know if that would ever be worth it for me. Just something I found interesting and appropriate at the time.

"The women acknowledged having to work long hours, suffering jet lag from constant travel and having to meet multiple demands on their time. And they listed their sacrifices. Frances Aldrich Sevilla-Sacasa, president of U.S. Trust, said she has missed many of her three kids' school events and several wedding anniversaries.

BUT ALL THE panelists concluded that their achievements ultimately were worth the tradeoffs. After all, plenty of women toil at much lower-level jobs and work just as hard, but don't get the big rewards of their high-placed counterparts -- from substantial compensation to the chance to make decisions instead of just following them."

No comments: