So I have arrived back to the state of 10,000 lakes. I have had a fun time being back so far. I played volleyball on Wednesday (Go Bacos!), played poker on Thursday (realized I can no longer play poker), went to dinner at Manny's on Friday (with my old boss) and then on Saturday Dave and I threw a party. It was definitely a fun time. We had lasagna for dinner and then played some Cranium and poker. Some others played a super long game of darts. I tried and tried to get Katie to dance with me but she wouldn't. But overall, it was a fun night.
On Sunday we spent most of the day cleaning and then went to Seth's concert. The Plymouth Concert Band was awesome, i was so impressed. Probably one of the best bands I have heard play. Then Seth, Ed, Dave and i went to sushi in uptown. The sushi was phenomenal as well. Lots of good food this weekend between Manny's and sushi.
Today I went back to General Mills to talk to a few people about an internship, I think i have a pretty good shot, I just need to wow them with my marketing expertise (well, first I need to get marketing expertise). I also made a roast for Dave and did more company research and reading on marketing and branding. I know, sounds exciting.
Tomorrow I hit the outlet mall and talk to Mattel!
It is weird, I never thought I would miss classes but I do. Although I have had a blast in Minnesota, and I am loving seeing my Minnesota friends, I also miss my Kellogg friends. It is weird not seeing the people I have seen every day for the past 10 weeks for a month. I realized I am missing seeing some of them in class, or having the random Kellogg discussion or the random Tuesday night at the Keg or Nevins. I got my grades back and I did ok. I didn't do as well as I would've liked in Finance but other than that I did as expected. I guess considering the class was full of investment bankers whose grades actually mattered I did okay. No marketing company will ever ask me about my grade. It is funny, I did best in the classes I didn't study for and worst in the classes I spent the most time on. Which means i have a new strategy for next semester- no more studying.
Of course how could I finish a post without giving a shoutout to my super cool sister Ayesha and her super cool friend Liz ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment