It has been an interesting week. Last Tuesday, we started of on CIM, which stands for Complete Immersion in Management. Basically it is a two week long orientation filled with lots of drinking. The incoming class of over 550 people is divided into 8 groups of 70-80 people. My section name is the Jive Turkeys, as I mentioned in an earlier post.
The sections compete against each other in various competitions. The first competition was a cheering competition and my section finished in last place, which meant we had to redeem ourselves. We then participated in a scavenger hunt, and we came back in 3rd place.
Then on Saturday, we had a talent show. Each group was given 7 minutes to showcase its best "talents". At some point and time I will post picture of that event. It was definitely interesting to say the least. Every group pretty much has one skit with guys dressed in drag. We had guy cheerleaders. I did a short dance with three other girls. We ended up taking 2nd place in the talent show so that was pretty awesome!
Kellogg is definitely all about team bonding. We have to know the name of all 75 people in our section. We were tested on that today and we came in second place (which means overall we are now third place in the CIM competition). There are also activities that are planned every night (they are not above forced socialization). Most of the activities involve large quantities of alcohol.
We also started our first class last week. It is a two and a half week preterm course (it also goes over the weekends). It is an interesting course. So far we have learned about group decision making, and influencing others. Sadly I think the part I have enjoyed most about school so far is the class, it has been so great. Right now I am procrastinating on writing a paper I have due tomorrow on persuasion.
I really should start my paper. I seem to have come down with the cold that is going around and so I need to make sure I get sleep. I am still missing my Minnesota friends. Dave is coming this weekend, I am so excited!
4 comments:
I am glad to hear that you are getting in the swing of things! I like class too, but it is hard getting back to the homework stuff and keeping up on readings and papers! Take care!!
How do they expect you to keep your grades up while forcing you to socialize and drink every night? Hope you feel better soon.
-Ed
I think the sentence "Most of the activities involve large quantities of alcohol." should be revised to read "Most activities should (and in this case do) involve large quantities of alcohol."
Other than that, I'm glad to read that you had a fantastic time in Greece and that things are going well in Evanston.
'Sota misses you as well.
Let me know if you need another mix CD.
Sounds like a fun class. I don't think I had any classes in college that encouraged socializing and consumption of alcohol. Almost makes me want to give it a try. Ah, but I do not miss writing papers. I don't think I could go back to that.
Post a Comment