So you are probably wondering... what does she mean, go Turkeys! Well, Saturday was a great sports day for me. Not only did Michigan cream Notre Dame to quiet all those naysayers, my CIM team, the Jive Turkeys had the greatest comeback victory in CIM history. As I think I mentioned earlier, at Kellogg we have this wonderful thing called CIM week, which is a series of team bonding events culminating in CIM "Olympics".
Well, as I think I mentioned before, the Jive Turkeys did not have the best start ever, coming in dead last (8th place) in the cheering competition. However, we had an amazing comeback. Apparently we are all great as such wonderful and athletic activities as dizzybat, spiderweb, tug of war and other humiliating team bonding activities. We took first place in the Olympics and ended up winning first place overall in the CIM competition. There are some great pictures that I will eventually get to show you (I am waiting for my fellow classmates to load them online). What all this winning means is that, after paying $40,000 this year in tuition my section of 70 people will have an extra $300 in our social budget to spend on beer. Yay us. All kidding aside, it was nice to win something, I realized I am more competitive than I thought.
Dave came to Evanston this weekend and we were pretty antisocial towards the other MBAs, although we did have good intentions. We meant to go out on Saturday night but we ended up falling asleep. We did see Dave's cousin, which was pretty cool. It was so great having Dave here and I can't wait until I get to see everyone in a few weeks!
I am now busy studying for my first business school final on Wednesday for my Leadership and Organizations class. It is an interesting class, so different from anything I have taken. If all my classes are half as interesting as this one, it will be a good 2 years. Dave sat through one of my classes this weekend and I think he actually enjoyed it. It was good for sure.
I can't wait until this class is over on Wednesday and the real term finally starts. It will be good to get into a schedule.
The next few weeks should be good college football weekends, I will get to see Michigan avenge their losses against both Wisconsin and Minnesota. Go Blue!
No comments:
Post a Comment