Monday, October 29, 2007

Fun times...

As most of you know, I spent most of last week in Minnesota. I got in on Tuesday night and then interviewed with General Mills on Wednesday. I think the interview went okay.

Thursday was a fun day. I met with some people at General Mills and then Krista and I went to the mall to shop at Victoria Secret. Fun times for sure. After that we went out for sushi and then to poker. I had a great time at poker, it was just great to see everyone!

The week just got better as the days continued. On Friday Dave took the day off and we went to Lake Rebbecca for a bike ride and then had Katie and Ed over for dinner. We plays a couple games of Rummikub, Katie won one, and I won one. And then we played a couple games of Euchre. Ed and I won one and Dave and Katie won one. We decided we had to have an early night due to the long day ahead of us on Saturday.

Saturday was an awesome day! We started of the day early in the morning for our 5K. Ever since I started running at the beginning of the summer I have said I wanted to be able to finish a 5K. My initial goal was to do it by next May but I decided I wanted to try it earlier. I ended up finishing without stopping which was an awesome feeling. My time was pretty slow, 37 minutes, but I did not really care about that. Next year I can work on time. However, I would never have been able to finish were it not for Katie and Dave running with me and motivating me all summer, and during the race. Its amazing what one can get done with the support of friends! Krista and Karma also joined us for the race but Karma was not cooperating with the running so they had to leave early. Ed came to cheer us on, which was awesome and then Ed, Katie, Dave and I went to lunch after. Below is a picture of us at our run:


Overall it was a fun time had by all.

The night kept on getting better. Paul and Ashley were getting married and we went to the wedding. It was in this really cool house and the wedding was great! The ceremony was awesome, short but very sweet. Ashley looked beautiful. We had a wonderful time dancing, Katie is an awesome dance partner! It was probably one of the best times i have had at a wedding. We went back to Rob and Katie's after, and had a great time. Below is a picture of Dave and I dancing at the wedding:



The fun continued on Sunday as we went to Nic and Krista's for a bit and then went to Granite City.

It was so awesome seeing everyone this weekend! I will definitely post pictures soon of the weekend!

1 comment:

Jeff and Heidi said...

Congrats on the 5k!! I think the time is great for your first one! I hope everything else continues to go well for you!
~Heidi