So I just got done reading about how Pfizer is closing its research center in Ann Arbor. I have friends who work there so this is a big blow to them, I will have to call them and see how they are doing. But, it brings up an interesting point for me. I remember when Dave and I were looking for jobs leaving college. Pfizer Ann Arbor was our #1 choice, it was where we wanted to be for sure. It would have let us be in Ann Arbor and close to our families. But at the time Pfizer Ann Arbor wasn't hiring at the time. So we went to General Mills, which was the company we wanted to work at anyway, just not the ideal location.
Well over two years later, Minneapolis now feel like home. We have great friends there, and we both love General Mills as a company. If we had gotten the Pfizer offer we would have both been out of a job today, or else moving somewhere else, assuming we made it through a few rounds of layoffs in the past two years, so I guess everything worked out for us.
I guess its just something to keep in perspective as interviews and recruiting starts again, things will work out in ways that might not seem optimal now, but will probably be for the best.
No comments:
Post a Comment